Tuesday, January 30, 2018

State of the Union

I'm always surprised when Donald Trump says something I agree with.  I'm in favor of lower drug prices, for example.  If his statistics are accurate and both African-American and Hispanic-American unemployment are at record lows, that's a good thing.  We urgently need prison reform.  OK.

But I was SO DISAPPOINTED that nobody stepped out into the aisle and took a knee, after the President's appallingly ignorant comments about proudly standing for the National Anthem.  That, for me, was the turning point in the speech and so much afterward was chauvinism and sabre-rattling and appeals to fear and ego.  Oh, how I wished someone would step out into the aisle and take a knee.  I would have, if I had been there.  Guess that's why I would never have been invited, huh?


No comments:

Post a Comment